February 14, 2017

St Maarten and St Kitts

We continue to have gorgeous weather. The temperatures are a little more bearable than they often are in this area, and the breeze in St Maarten is quite brisk just making it more comfortable to be in the port.

Alyssa and Adrienne have booked a couple of dives in the morning. The seas are a little choppy for their small craft to the point that they have to sign extra waivers. Their dive is enjoyable and uneventful.

The big plan for the day is to meet at the Lazy Lizzard for a drink and some food. Adrienne and her husband Steve had met Nick and his wife, the owners, on a previous cruise and have been keeping in touch via facebook. I am the first to arrive, probably about and hour and half before our agreed upon time. It only takes a minute to find and meet Nick. I settle in and have some food and a drink. Over the next two hours I am joined by the other 10 cruisers in our group, and two crew member friends from The Harmony of The Seas. (The Harmony is docked next to us.)

It is very obvious why Nick is successful in his business. If you are ever in St Maarten, check out the Lazy Lizzard. Tell Nick that Steve sent you and you will be treated just like all his customers. With quality beverages and food in a friendly atmosphere, at fair prices.

Taking the water taxi, I am back on the ship in about 40 minutes. A cool shower, change of clothes, and I am ready for the evening. The show is a magician that I have never seen before. His show is good and well attended. I retire to my stateroom, answer a few e-mails, and try to catch up on my blog.

Overnight we travel to St Kitts for an early morning arrival. Early in the morning the skies look quite threatening, but so far no rain. I decide to stay on the ship today. There are only two other ships here, a princess ship sharing our dock, and the same AIDA ship we have seen the last several days.

Many in our group have arranged for a private tour with some time at one of the local beaches.

The next two days we will be at sea headed back to Ft. Lauderdale 1200 miles away.

No comments: